Before you get started...
All data displayed on this website comes straight from the Gameday data published by MLB Advanced Media. I have made no modifications or corrections.
Chart images *can* be hotlinked, but I prefer that you download them if you wish to use them elsewhere. All generated chart images older than 2 hours are deleted every hour.
Parts of this site are still under construction. As I find time, I will be finishing construction piece by piece. If you would like to contact me, you can reach me through the contact form on my blog.
Current dataset includes the entire 2008-2011 seasons including most (all?) post-season data. 2007 may be added later.
PITCHf/x Feature Updates
- 10/17/2011 - Upgraded to latest stable JpGraph release. Shortened life of cached chart images to 2 hours.
- 10/17/2011 - Updated data from two games played on April 1, 2011 (Bos @ Tex, NYM @ Fla). PITCHf/x calibration was faulty in several stadiums at the start of the season. Most games had been fixed when I updated the data in April, but 4 remained unfixed at that time. Two games still seem to have faulty pitch data - Min @ Tor 4/1/2001 and Min @ Tor 4/3/2011.
- 10/07/2011 - Bug fix: bad link to batter profile from matchup page
- 12/14/2010 - Added Pitcher vs Batter matchups
- 12/14/2010 - Fixed data crossover when loading multiple pages at same time
Upcoming PITCHf/x additions and tweaks:
- PITCHf/x for batters - charts for Balls In Play, Pitch Result
- At-bat analysis and Game analysis tools
- Detailed average data for pitch types
- Spray charts aerial-view updates for all 30 ballparks
- Umpire Charts
- Pitch-type correction
- Park-to-park normalization